Safe Mission Travel Checklist
(Used by permission from Brotherhood Mutual Insurance)
Trip leaders, go over this checklist to ensure the safest possible trip for your team.
1. Did you ask each member of your group to sign a Risk Acknowledgement and Release Form?
2. Did each member of your group provide a list of emergency contacts?
3. Did each member of your group purchase travel insurance?
4. Are all of the members of your group physically capable of the demands of mission travel?
5. Did each of your travelers leave photocopies of all of their important documents (passports, credit cards, driver’s licenses, vaccination records, airline tickets, and traveler’s checks) with someone they trust, in case they get lost or stolen?
6. Do your travelers have all of the vaccinations required for the country to which they are traveling?
7. Will each member of your group travel with a small first aid kit?
8. Did your travelers use an address other than a home address on their luggage tags?
9. Will members of your group travel with healthy snacks like power bars, apples, and other handy foods, in case transportation is delayed?
10. Have members of your group been instructed to carry valuables in concealed pockets or in a sturdy bag with the strap across their chest to avoid theft?
More Safety Resources from Brotherhood Mutual