Health Screening Ministry
Utilization of the NCBM Health Screening Ministry mobile unit is available to churches, collegiate healthcare programs, and service organizations throughout North Carolina. Target patient populations include the un-insured and underserved throughout the state.
Churches who wish to sponsor a free health screening clinic will need to:
- Enlist volunteer staff (Registered Nurses, Physician Assistants, Nurse Practitioners, EMTs, Physicians, dieticians, interpreters, counselors, and general helpers) to work the clinic. Please call Crystal Horton (1-800-395-5102 ext.5610) to reserve a date for your health screening clinic.
- Remit a $200.00 deposit to NCBM to confirm your date. This fee will be applied toward the total cost of the clinic. (Charges for using the health screening clinic include: $7.00 per patient to help offset the cost of materials used; $0.65/mile roundtrip cost for travel from Cary to the clinic site; reimbursement for the driver and host’s overnight accommodations and meals (if necessary), use of the on-board generator (if necessary)).
- Identify the target patient group and notify them of the upcoming health screening clinic.
- Make arrangements for the clinic site: parking, electricity, etc.
- Consider an evangelical witness, food or snacks, hygiene kits, etc.
The Health Screening Ministry offers vitals assessment and BMI calculation, screening for diabetes, high cholesterol, depression, and heart disease. The use of eye screening equipment is available upon request.
Baptists on Mission/NCBM Statement of Faith
Hemoglobin A1C testing is available for diabetes screening. A1C testing provides information about a person’s average blood glucose levels over the past 3 months. This is the primary test used for diabetes management and research. The Health Screening Ministry utilizes an Afinion AS100 for performing A1C testing.
Finger stick glucose testing is available in emergency situations.
Total cholesterol and HDL are evaluated utilizing the Cholestech LDX. This test requires a finger stick blood sample.
Depression and Heart Disease Screening
A health screening questionnaire is given to each patient. Assessments can be made regarding depression and the potential for heart disease based on the questionnaire responses.
Many people are unable to afford health insurance and do not have a primary care provider. This results in serious health conditions not being identified or treated. The Health Screening Ministry seeks to offer not only a physical solution to this issue, but also a spiritual one as well. Please join us in our efforts to bring both physical and spiritual healing to the people of North Carolina as we share the love of the great physician.
- To meet a physical and tangible need
- To share Christ’s love (in word and deed) with all patients and volunteers
The Health Screening Ministry is funded by donations from individuals and groups who see this ministry as a meaningful way to reach people for Christ. Contributions for this ministry may be sent to:
NCBM, PO Box 1107, Cary NC 27512
For Further Information
[P] 800-395-5102 ext. 5610