New England projects for 2024 are now ready! Click here to see a current list of opportunities. And, check back from time to time, as we will be adding new projects as they come in!
The New England region of our country is richly blessed with natural beauty – from rugged coastline to mountain vistas. Small hamlets, rural farms, and quaint fishing villages give New England its charm. Maple syrup, luscious lobster, and vibrant fall foliage make the New England experience memorable. Comprised of the states of Vermont, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island, and Maine, the region has a population of over 14 million people. Most New Englanders are a hardy people who enjoy the outdoors and are passionate about their sports teams. The majority of New Englanders, though, are spiritually lost. On any given weekend less than 3% of the population attend an evangelical church. At least 1,000 towns and villages in New England have no evangelical presence of any kind. All six New England states consistently appear in Gallup's top 12 list of the "least religious states." Despite these bleak statistics, God is at work in New England. People are being discipled and new churches are being planted. God has opened the door for North Carolina Baptists to play a part. Check out what He is doing and pray about you and your church joining in!
|URGENT REQUESTS - Several of our ministry partners are requesting teams to assist in various recovery and rebuild efforts following the devastating floods of July 2023. This includes help for two Baptist churches in their effort to get their facilities back in order, and one church who desires to help the residents of their area recover. CLICK HERE to see the specific requests, and then contact Mark Abernathy at 919-459-5607 or email@example.com if you can help. Thank you!
Check out the Maine Partnership Video
Check out the Vermont Partnership Video
2024 NEW ENGLAND REQUESTS are here, and awaiting your response! Follow these steps:
1. Start by clicking here to see a printable .PDF of 2024 projects.
2. Once you have reviewed the list, pray about which project(s) you might want to respond to.
3. Contact Mark Abernathy (firstname.lastname@example.org ; 919-459-5607) to express interest and get contact information.
4. You will be put in direct contact with a requestor in the New England area to ask any and all questions.
5. If you and the requestor feel it is a good match, set a date with them for your team's service, and let Mark Abernathy know.
6. You will be sent instructions for securing the project (from the list below) on behalf of your team by registering as team leader.
Remember to check back from time to time as new projects will be added as they come in.
New England offers North Carolina Baptists an opportunity to serve Christ in an area of our nation that desperately needs to know Him. We will need teams to serve in a variety of ways in 2024. Please pray about your participation in this ministry!